The subconscious mind is one of the major keys to self improvement and self growth. By changing the contents of the subconscious mind the habits, behavior and attitudes are changed. All this help in awakening the wisdom and power, achieve success and prosperity, and walk on the paths of self improvement, spiritual growth and inner peace. This is brought about through visualization, affirmations, meditation and by analyzing behavior and habits.
The quality of your life depends to a large extent on the quality of your inner emotional and mental life. If you are lazy, worry too much and afraid to try new things, you stick to the same spot. If you are not afraid to change your thinking, your life will soon change accordingly. Your habitual thoughts, and the content of your subconscious mind determine your behavior and the way you act in the world.
When you change the way you feel and think, you ultimately change your inner vision, actions and behavior. This causes your outer life to change accordingly.
The Details You Need to Know for Self Growth and Improvement
One of the most important keys to self-improvement and self-growth is the subconscious mind. By changing the contents of the subconscious mind, habits, behavior, and attitudes are changed. All this helps awaken wisdom and power, achieve success and prosperity, and walk on the paths of self-improvement, spiritual growth, and inner peace. This is brought about through visualization, affirmations, meditation, and analyzing behavior and habits.
The quality of your life depends to a large extent on the quality of your inner emotional and mental life. If you are lazy, worry too much, and are afraid to try new things, you stick to the same spot. If you are not scared to change your thinking, your life will soon change accordingly. Your habitual thoughts and the content of your subconscious mind determine your behavior and how you act in the world.
When you change how you feel and think, you ultimately change your inner vision, actions, and behavior. This causes your outer life to change accordingly.
The process of inner change requires inner work. It is not enough to read, you have to practice what you read, and this needs time and effort. There is no such thing as instant self-improvement. Any inner change takes time, and there must be motivation, desire, ambition, perseverance, and dedication.
Outer and inner resistance and opposition must be taken into account too. Upon starting any self-improvement program, most people usually encounter inner resistance that comes from their old habits and subconscious mind, and resistance and opposition from the people around them. The desire to change, build new habits, and improve must be strong enough to resist any laziness, desire to give up, and the ridicule or opposition from family, friends, or colleagues.
How can you, too, take advantage of this technique for self-improvement and growth?
Self-improvement can turn into an enjoyable, rewarding, and empowering activity. Look at the people around you and watch how they behave. If you find a trait of character or a specific behavior you do not like, examine yourself closely and as impartially as possible and determine whether you act or behave in the same way. If you do, then think and visualize how you would like to behave in a similar situation. Then, whenever you have the time, perform mental rehearsals of the new behavior. Visualize yourself in the same situation but acting in the way you want to behave.
Think often about the importance and advantages of a changed and more positive behavior. Tell yourself repeatedly that you will remember to act differently the next time you are in a situation or circumstances that trigger the behavior patterns you want to change.
At the first attempts, you will probably forget to act as desired, but keep visualizing and thinking about the new behavior patterns, and you will see how you gradually change.
Whenever you see people acting in a way that brings them positive results, analyze what they are doing, their body language, and how they are talking and acting, and try to act and behave the same. If you keep doing so, you will soon start to see changes in yourself and your life.
The advantage of this technique is that you can use it everywhere, anytime, without any prior preparations. Furthermore, this can turn into a pleasurable game. You can use this technique anywhere you go. You can use your time more advantageously instead of just letting the time pass by.
1. Look around you and watch how people behave in various circumstances. Watch the people you meet at home, work, supermarket, bus, train, and the street. Watch and also learn from people interviewed on TV and also from movies.
2. Watch how people talk, walk and react, and how others consequently treat them.
3. Pay attention to the way people use their voices and how they react to others’ voices. Watch how you feel and act when people shout or speak softly. Watch what happens when people get angry, restless, and upset and what happens if they are calm and relaxed.
4. If you do not like what you see, analyze what and why you do not like it, and then analyze your behavior to find out whether you behave in the same way. Be honest and impartial in your analysis.
5. If you discover that you manifest some of these undesirable traits of character and behavior, affirm to yourself often that every time you manifest these traits or behavior, you will be conscious and aware of them and do your best to avoid them.
6. Play in your mind a mental scene of how you would like to behave. Repeat it several times a day, every day.
7. When you detect a behavior or character trait you like and desire to possess, try to act similarly. Here too, visualize several times each day a scene where you act and behave in that different way.
8. You can also decide to change some habits and behavior patterns and develop new ones because you believe they are necessary and beneficial, even without seeing them in others first.
9. Think and visualize repeatedly in your mind how you would like to act and behave. Constantly remind yourself of the changes you desire to make and strive to act according to them. Each time you find yourself acting according to your old habit, remember your decision to change, improve, and act accordingly.
10. Do not be disappointed or frustrated if you do not attain fast results. It does not matter how many times you fail or forget to behave as you desire. Persevere with your efforts and never give up, and you will begin to see how you and your life change.