Best of all, Yoga is apt for all, regardless of age, colour, caste, creed or religion. From the healthiest to the sickest, from the richest to the poorest, from the whitest to the blackest.
Benefits of Yoga
- Brings down stress and enhances powers of relaxation
- Boosts physical strength, stamina and flexibility
- Bestows greater powers of concentration and self-control
- Inculcates impulse Control
- Helps in the rehabilitation of old and new injuries
- Intensifies tolerance to pain and enhancing mental clarity
- Boosts functioning of the immune system
- Enhances posture and muscle tone
- Improves blood circulation
- Results in healthy, glowing skin
- Cleanses and improves overall organ functioning
- Bestows peace of mind and a more positive outlook on life
- Infuses a sense of balance and internal harmony
Yoga Asanas serve as stable postures for prolonged meditation. More than just stretching, asanas open the energy channels, chakras and psychic centres of the body. Asanas purify and strengthen the body and control and focus the mind. There is an infinite number of yoga asanas, but the most known are listed with a description.